Logan Village Settlers Day – Celebrating 150 Years since the naming of Logan Village.
Come along and celebrate on Sunday, 1st Sep 2013 10:00am – 2nd Sep 2013 4:00pm
Settlers’ Day is open to the community to celebrate the 150th anniversary (1/9/1863) of the settlement of the first freehold titles in the ‘Town of Logan’ now known as Logan Village. Using a heritage theme celebrating the history of the past 150 years the event will incorporate a parade through the streets of Logan Village showcasing the history of the area.
The Logan Village Settlers’ Day event will be celebrated on Sunday 1st September 2013. Coinciding with the event will be a Heritage Dinner on Friday night 30 August hosted by the Logan Country Chamber of Commerce at the Logan Village Tavern and on Saturday night 31 August an Old Time Dance to be hosted by Logan Village Lions at the Lions Hall in Logan Village.
Street Parade from 10.00am, Settlers’ Day will commence at 10am with a parade through the streets of Logan Village and finishing at the Logan Village Green in Wharf Street. The parade will feature floats, cars and marching bands highlighting the history of Logan Village over the past 150 years. The day will then be filled with activities that the public can participate in, including displays, stalls and free entertainment.
Some events happening on the day:
- Come and have fun at the Old School and participate in activities and games from the good ole days.
- Live music and entertainment
- Face painting
- Fairy Floss
- Free rides and games for children
- Re-enactment of Captain Logan landing.
- Canon Firing
- Bush poet performances and competition
- Displays of artwork from our local school
- Genealogy display
- Check out the fashions from a bygone era in the library
- Stamp collection display – featuring artwork by local artist Karen Matheson which are available for purchase.
- Visit the Logan Village museum and chat to our local historians.
- Food available throughout the day.
- Artwork display from local artists
- Art Auction 3pm on Sunday
- Local clubs represented.
- Displays of woodworking, animals, craft, blacksmithing, engines etc
- Book launch by local historian.
- Chocolate Wheel.
- Fairy floss, sweets, sno-cones, strawberries.
- Bric a brac, craft, plant stalls.
- The Old School will have school history upstairs and military/ stamps downstairs
- Friday 30th August – Heritage Dinner hosted by Logan Country Chamber of Commerce at the Logan Village Hotel.
- Saturday 31st August – Old Time Dance hosted by Logan Village Lions Club at the The Logan Village Community Hall.
Phone Michelle O’Callaghan 0417 760 465
Logan Village Green
Wharf Street, Logan Village
Arts and Crafts; Community; Entertainment
Children; Young Adult; Adult; Families; Seniors
Logan Village Early Settlers Committee